EAM cant remove

xman68

For future reference, it is a against the Terms of Service for our forums to post links to malware samples in the public areas where anyone can see them, so if you just want to send them to me in a private message or upload them to VirusTotal and send me a link to the analysis then that would be best (links to a VirusTotal analysis can also be safely posted on the forums). ;)

I have forwarded the link on to our research team and removed it from your post. I'll also take a look at your video and see if we'll need any more information.

BTW: Your video only shows COMODO 'cleaning' the file, and does not show EAM failing to remove it. I'm spending the day updating my VM setup, and I probably won't have a chance to test it, so you will most likely have to wait until Fabian or one of our researchers has a chance to take a look at it.

While we wait for that, would it be possible to get some more information about the system that you experienced this on? We'll need to know the following information:

• Windows version
  • 32-bit or 64-bit Edition of Windows
  • Latest Service Pack installed
  • Any anti-virus software installed
  • Any firewall software installed
  • Any anti-spyware software installed
  • Any other security software, system settings protection software, etc.
  • What type of drive the infected file was on (SATA Internal Hard Drive, IDE Internal Hard Drive, USB Flash Drive, Windows Network Share, etc)
  • Was the file detected by the File Guard or while running a scan?

If our research team needs any more information than that, then we will let you know.

• Windows version XP
  • 32-bit or 64-bit Edition of Windows 32Bit
  • Latest Service Pack installed SP3
  • Any anti-virus software installed Only EAM
  • Any firewall software installed No firewall , firewall Win is trun off
  • Any anti-spyware software installed Nothing
  • Any other security software, system settings protection software, etc. Nothing
  • What type of drive the infected file was on (SATA Internal Hard Drive, IDE Internal Hard Drive, USB Flash Drive, Windows Network Share, etc) SATA Internal Hard Drive
  • Was the file detected by the File Guard or while running a scan? running a scan