? inspired by holy ****is this normal

Just curious I couldn't find this in help

In computer sub tab I have 1 local area connection 

under that 1 marked <gateway>

followed by 1 marked  (user-pc)

What am I looking at?

Thanks 

Hello,

The Computers list shows other computers in your local network that Online Armor can see. This list allows you to control what computers in your network may connect to your computer, usually to access shared files or printers across the network.

(...)

The Computers list is organized using a table with the following columns:

• Computer – The network address (IP address), hardware (MAC) address, and possibly the computer name of the other computer seen on the network.
  • Status – Indicates whether the computer is Trusted, Unknown, or Not Trusted.
  • (Unlabeled) – The last column, which is not labeled, shows a light bulb if the computer has been located and is turned on.

(...)

[from OA Web Help: http://www.emsisoft.com/en/info/oa/Firewall.shtml - Computers List section]

The one marked as 'Getaway' is usually your router.

You may want to have a look at the Computers List section of the Web Help to learn more about the topic (computers' restrictions, options, etc)

Best regards,

N.

Edit: details/information added

Edited by Nick

Thanks for the link Nick,I missed that somehow

I think this now makes sense to me.

The first line with no status and a expand/minimize option but no trust/ distrust option is my local area connection

when I expand it shows me my router ..When I distrusted that I lost my internet connection.

The one under that must of been my wife's computer hooked to the same router,.I distrusted that one and it disappeared eventually.

We don't network

i have my interface LAC trust unchecked 

Sorry for the stupid questions

Going to do some more reading

Thanks again

Appreciate it

You're welcome - and by the way, that was not a stupid question at all. If you have further doubts about how OA works and need some more information or support/assistance, just ask the Forum. Someone from Emsisoft will help you as soon as possible.

when I expand it shows me my router ..When I distrusted that I lost my internet connection

Yes, that happens when you set your router to "not trusted" (using Distrust option).

Kind regards,

N.

• Upvote 1